You’ve thought it through, pondered and after doing lots of research decided to have hair transplant. When you go to a clinic upon your decision, they might not tell you what to do so that you can have a more comfortable operation and a healthy transplant. And they might even take you to the operation room very next day just because you wanted to. But this is not the case. There are some things to do to get healthy results from hair transplantation and to have a comfortable operation.
Things to Consider Before Hair Transplantation
- If you use alcohol, you should take a break at least 1 week before the operation.
- If you are a smoker, you should reduce the number of cigarettes that you smoke a day or if possible stop completely at least 1 week before the operation.
- You need to stop using Aspirin, Ginseng, B and E vitamin supplements or herbal supplement products which your body needs and not harmful under normal conditions, at least 15 days before the operation, since they are blood thinners. Also, you should not use them for 1 week after the operation.
- If you have an eligible donor for the hair transplantation, you must get the required health tests done at least 1 day before the operation. If there is any objectionable condition, it must be determined before the operation by the specialist.
- The day before hair transplant operation, you should sleep for at least 8 hours to prepare your body for the operation.
- If you have a chronic illness and you are taking medication, you should definitely mention it before the operation to the specialist.
- Since you will not be able to wash your hair for 2 days after the procedure and your hair need to be clean for the operation, you need to shower before the operation.
- Having a good breakfast in the morning, before the operation, will help keep your mind and body vibrant throughout the day.
- Do not shave your hair before the operation. Our barbers will shave your hair in a way appropriate for the operation in our clinic.
- It will be much healthier to arrange someone to accompany you after the procedure.
- Your procedure will last about 8 hours, so you should consult with your specialist before the operation about bringing materials such as books or tablets to prevent boredom.
** The information above is for information purposes only and is general. You should ask your experts’ advice on what you need to do before hair transplantation.